C:\Users\Erica Erhart\Pictures\Ghouls_Night_Out_.png

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

It clicked!

So I used to write daily in a journal for many many years.  I was so passionate about writing and then "life happened" and I kinda left all of that behind.  Not intentionally but the time was put in different areas and I really just simply forgot about what I LOVED doing for a long time.  Anyway shoulda woulda coulda right?!  So that all brings me to today...I was downstairs looking for a folder I could use for all of my "Pretty Pretty" event notes and I came across my leather journal.  I started reading it and I couldn't put the thing down.  WOW I not only realized how messed up I used to be but I also realized it all brought me to where I am!  I came across this poem I wrote.....


Could I be Loved?
Not for who I am looked to be
but for who I am
for my thoughts, my wishes
my dreams, successes, failures?
My complaints my happiness
my fears and my comforts?
Could I be loved
not for the touch
but for the truth
my passions, my past?
Can someone love my voice, my opinion,
my obsessions...
Who could mold such a big thing together
the puzzle of forever?
Is there a piece for me?
Sometimes puzzles can't be completed
simply because of the missing piece.
If somehow throws everything off
yet its still noticeable.

Erica Erhart 10-28-03

I thought this poem said a lot and its funny how in almost 9 years the answer has been there all along.  God has always loved me for me.  He created me!  He knows every thing about me and all the tiny details simply because that's how he wanted to make me!  I felt so empty all those years and reading my journal made me realize I was lost and now found!  Anyway it was an "aha" moment!  I love to love and to be loved!  Even when I wasn't feeling loved God never left my side what an awesome thing right?!  This made me so much more excited about the event I get to be part of on Aug 24th called "Pretty Pretty" an outreach in the community to woman who are homeless, battered, jobless, single moms, and any woman who just is in a tough situation right now and we are going to give them a night of beauty and pampering.  We will be giving them haircuts, massage, painting nails, makeup, and they will each get to pick out an entire outfit in the "boutique".  We will also be giving them paper products such as toilet paper, paper towels, tampons, and pads (things you don't receive while you are on food stamps and wick).  We get to love these woman and make them feel beautiful just as God made them.  We get to be the hands and feet of our Jesus Christ!  If you want to help or get involved we need you!  Anyway I really felt in my heart I needed to share!  Love and Blessings!

PS.  Here are a few pics to what we Erhart's have been up too this summer!
 zoo






No comments:

Post a Comment