C:\Users\Erica Erhart\Pictures\Ghouls_Night_Out_.png

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Nothing like my Daddy...Nothing like Grandpa!

"PAPA"  IS HERE!

So yesterday I got a call from Dad saying he was going to be flying in for a quick visit!  This made my day!  Dad didn't get to come for Easter this year because of work...duty calls!  Anyway this morning I was watching my kids with him and I got that overwhelming sense of WOW my Dad is amazing!  Not only was he a great Father to me growing up but man there is something incredible watching your Dad be a Grandpa and for my kids I guess its "Papa"!  I know some friends and family who have lost there Dad and or Grandpa's so I just wanted to express my gratitude to my Dad and for all the Grandpa's out there here on earth or with our Father in heaven!  It is so hilarious watching him get down on the floor and get right in on whatever is going on in kid land!  He kinda acts like a kid again!  He is fun... you know the kinda hands on Grandpa.  He would rather be right in on the action then watching it on the coach!  I LOVE this. The only strange thing is that some of the things he lets them get away with!  He would have NEVER let me do some of the things or buy me all the things I wanted but I guess there is something special about "grand kids."  Its totally hands down awesome seeing his eyes light up with the kids!  I am sure a lot of you will read this and say to yourself that's my Dad, Grandpa, husband, and/or son!  Well feeling blessed!  Thanks to all the "Grandpa's" for making your grand kids, moms, wives, and especially daughters light up! 

My kids have two AMAZING Grandpa's and one Great Grandpa and to my Grandpa Mel with my Father in heaven I am sure you are looking down on us smiling at all your beautiful great grand kids!!!   Here are some "Papa" and Grandpa pics!












This one is for Great Grandpa Mel!  



No comments:

Post a Comment