C:\Users\Erica Erhart\Pictures\Ghouls_Night_Out_.png

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Top 10 Mommy Lessons

These are valuable and hilarious things I have learned through my incredible journey as a Mommy and wife!  I will go from least to greatest!

10.  ALWAYS check the diaper bag to make sure there are wipes and diapers!
I recently went to eat with my mom, sister, and Harper at the cheesecake Factory (delicious) and about two minutes after we ordered our drinks (still looking at the menu for lunch)  Harper decided that it was a great time to poopy!  I go to change her only to find out there are currently no diapers in the diaper bag and the wipes are out too!  Mommy of the year award goes to this girl!  Needless to say she sat in poop for a good hour while we ate and although you may feel bad for her its not necessary because she didn't mind at all!  In fact she hates her diaper changed!

9.  ALWAYS put the chairs back on the floor after mopping!
Poor Harper (yes Harper again) decided she wanted to pull herself up with the flipped chair hanging on the table.  It fell on top of her :(  However she survived with only a bruise on her little forehead. Once again mother of the year!

8.  NEVER let your freshly potty trained 2 year old poopy in the potty unattended!
You should have seen the bathroom!  The walls, floor, potty, and his body!  Need I say more!

7.  NEVER take out your frustration on your kids toys!
If you do so you will only out of guilt run to Target to get the toy you just broke or in my case popped!  While I was 6 months preggers with Bentley, Tayten decided he was going to keep throwing his big ball at my head while I was in the midst of doing something.  I told him to please stop and if you all know Tayten that means to continue on what not to do!  Finally I said if you throw that ball at me one more time I will pop it!  Of course my sweet little stubborn, strong willed Tayten decided to test my limits thinking to himself....she will never pop my ball.  Well what I did next will forever stay embedded in my mind for the top hormonal moment I have ever encountered!  I ran to the kitchen grabbed a scissor and stabbed it into the ball!  POP!  He looked at me with those big, bright eyes and the tears began to flow.  Two minutes following the scissor shanagins I was off to Target to purchase the exact ball I had just stabbed!  Guilt had won the battle!

6.  ALWAYS ALWAYS keep the house keys with you at all times!
Bentley, Harper, and I where out running errands on a rainy fall day while Tayten was in school.  We had just gotten home and Harper had fallen asleep in the van so I decided to unload the bags and Bentley before I grabbed Harper.  I ran inside with Bentley and the diaper bag set them both down and just as I stepped out the door I heard the door slam and the lock click.  I then realized not only was my 2 year old now locked in the house but also my phone and keys where in the diaper bag which where also locked in!  I'm sure your all thinking oh well Erica what about a spare key?  Well days prior to this event I had to use the spare although it may be hard to believe but I forgot to put it back!  (lol at the hard to believe)  As I stood there in the pouring rain I thought great what the heck now??!!  After a good 15 minutes I decided to go the evil route and tell Bentley if he didn't let Mommy in the monsters where going to get him.(scare tactics where my only other option) Well as mean as you may all think I am he decided right away that he did not want an encounter with "the monsters" so he unlocked the door!  Yes yet again another "Mother of the Year" for me!

5.  NEVER forget to be the "Tooth Fairy."
Just another regular night at the Erhart household!  Tayten decided to be brave and let Mommy pull out his tooth that's been hanging on by a thread for the last  2 months!  Right out that sucker came!  He cried of relief that it was over and he always has this surprised look on his face because I think he expects it to hurt so bad and the truth of the matter is that it was so loose it hurt more while it was hanging there then when I pulled it out!  He so proudly puts it under his pillow before we say our prayers and then its off to dreamland!  Then of course it's my job (yes I said mine because if mommy doesn't do it no one will) to remember to snag that tooth and slip some money under his pillow!  What kind a mother would i be if he woke up with the tooth and no money?  Well the morning was followed with tears and a baggy with the tooth still there!!  Immediately I grabbed a dollar and ran to his room.  I asked him if he checked real good and I lifted his pillow and showed him the dollar!  Smooth move Momma!  I then explained to him that sometimes if the tooth is yellow and not brushed everyday the fairy wont always take the tooth!  Guess who brushes his teeth everyday without a fight!  Close call however..close call!

4.  Pick your battles!
If they want to wearing spider man jammies all day maybe let it slide. After all it's not worth the battle it clothes!  Bentley picks out his clothes everyday except Sunday.  This was especially hard for me because I like them to dress a certain way.  Bentley never matches and he is in either his green, gray, or blue sweat pants with usually the same un-matching tee shirts!  So he looks like a homeless child....but he is a happy looking homeless child!!!

3.  ALWAYS kiss them goodnight!!
DUH!

2.  ALWAYS embrace the season your in!
Having an almost 7 yr. old, a toddler (2), and a baby (9 months) they are always amazing me with the different stages..  Watching my oldest transition into school now makes me realize how fast that went.  Soon my little tikes will be going off on the school bus as well!  God has blessed us Moms with seasons, lets embrace them as they change!

1.  The Grand Finale!  ALWAYS get a sitter when its time for your annual OBGYN appointment!
Well here it goes if your ready!  It was that time freshly after Bentley was born to get my lady parts checked out!  I had decided the day before to bring the boys with.  I figured Bentley would sleep (aww newborns) and Tayten could play his DS.  My idea went from bad to worse as my doc came into the room and told me to put my legs up and relax.  I started to get hot and sweaty. You know like the hot and sweaty you experience while your kid is having a full body meltdown while at Target when your hands are full and you then have to drag your child across the floor as they kick and scream as strangers stare at you!  You know they are thinking to themselves control your child woman!  Anyway thats the hot and sweat I had. I prayed briefly he would not get distracted and he would stay over in the chair playing his ninetendo ds!  Nope he had another idea while I was lying there helplessly as Dr. put in the metal insert.  My 4 year old (at the time) was front and center to my child bearing parts....gross!  As if you don't feel violated enough already! As we left the doctors office he never said anything so I was hoping he would just forgot about it and no questions would come up.  We got home and a friend came over for some coffee.  As we were chatting Tayten comes over and looks at me with this confused look and he says, "Mommy why did the Doctor put a gun in your butt?"  After a huge laugh till ya cry he walked away!  I still have no answers to that one!!!

    Here is a couple pictures with some bunnies my girlfriend Nancy brought over!  Thanks to her the kids were VERY entertained and we got some cute Easter pictures!  XOXO!  Gob Bless!




2 comments:

  1. OH. MY. WORD. This is so awesome on ALL levels!!! Gun in your butt!!! Hahaha!!! I can really relate to a lot of these lessons :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Great stories! Loved the gun in the butt story!! So funny!

    ReplyDelete