C:\Users\Erica Erhart\Pictures\Ghouls_Night_Out_.png

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

10 years....already?!!!






I cannot believe I will have having my 10 year class reunion this June?!  WHAT has it really been 10yrs?  What the hay??!!  Never in my life would I have thought that this day would ever come.  I guess you can't stay 25 forever.  SHOOT!  I was really hoping you could but I guess I will have to grow old with the rest of us!  I am sure some people are really indifferent about going to there 10 year class reunion but I happen to be really excited!  Why not? This just means I have 10 years under my belt of more life knowledge!  This also reminds me of my many many blessings God has given me in the past 10 years.  So I was kinda reminiscing about my high school days and I was thinking of all the dreams I had then.  I remember I wanted to move as far away as possible from Minot, ND which lead me here to the Twin Cities. (haha didn't make it to far did ya!)  I thought I was some big bird that could just soar right outta Mamma's nest and everything would be easy and smooth sailing...life would be perfect.  I dreamed of becoming a famous actress or model or simply just traveling around from beach to beach and learning how to surf!  (Big Dreams I know)  I think back to my 1st year of college and how I really was only going to Brown because college just seemed to be the next step and it got me out of Minot and into a bigger city!  I rarely made it to class and when I did I rarely paid attention.  I was concerned of me, myself, and I and what was coming next.  Well to skip ahead a bit I ended up finding out I was pregnant with Tayten right before I was going to pack up my car and drive to California to see if my dreams could become a reality.  I really have to laugh at myself when I think about my so called "Big Ideas" because I was just going to go with the money I had in my pocket and bring whatever I could fit in my car and I had no fear at all just a great idea!  God put my plans to a screeching halt when the + mark showed up on the pregnancy test!  I never would have thought that would have been God at that time because I was on my own path doing my own thing and I didn't want to follow anyone or anything but myself.  In that moment I realized my life was about to change in a big big way.  To even think back to then 7 years ago I was so scared and young and scared....did I mention scared?  Jade and I decided we wanted to get married because we knew we loved each other baby or no baby.  After Tayten was born we decided to continue to do everything backwards so we bought or 1st home and 1 month later we got married.  Shortly after that I decided to get my butt into cosmetology school since that was always my passion from a very young age.  Then came my career (about time) and after all that we decided it was time to continue growing our family!  Bentley my little love bug!  I was so in love with my boys I wanted to share more love with a little girl!  Harper then graced us with her presence.  The bottom line is 10 years ago I would have never seen this life!  What a great life! (it has not always been easy and I know it won't)  God has surprised me with glorious wonders!! Three of them to be exact!  They seem to be teaching me more then I ever learned in all of my schooling!  I put my trust in God to guide me and my children through this crazy thing called life!  I guess it took me many many years to learn that!  Anyway I may not be walking the red carpet or making millions of dollars and I definitely no longer have those 6 pack abs but gosh darn it I am proud!  I've got all I need!  God, amazing family and friends, a job that feels more like a hobby then work and I have a roof over my head and food on the table!  Best of all I know that there is more in store for us!  God has some big plans!!!  10 years of ups and downs loss and love, 10 years of going on empty to full, 10 years of blessings and achievements!  10 years gone to remember!  For the next 10 I will do and go where he needs me!  Love and Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment