C:\Users\Erica Erhart\Pictures\Ghouls_Night_Out_.png

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Luck...no such thing!



Mr. Bentley (my little 2...almost 3yr. old) had tubes put in his ears and his adenoids removed just shortly after Christmas.  The procedure went really well and it was quick and easy!  Of course I cried when I took him down to the surgery room and got him all ready for anthesia.  I held his little chubby toddler fingers as he went off to toddler dreamland.  After what felt like days but in reality it was an hour approximately it was all over with.  I was relieved it was over and happy my baby was ok!  After a few hours of being at the hospital it was time to get our stuff and head home.  It was a simple same day surgery and I was happy too be done.  As we walked down children's hospital I saw a little guy who looked maybe 4yrs. old, he had no hair, iv's in his arm with a drip bag on a medal roller.  As he walked past us I put my head down and I cried.  What a brave little guy!  I had this overwhelming sense of sadness and felt like man this just is not fair!  He is to little to be going through this.  He is to young to have cancer.  This was a HUGE moment for me in more ways then one.  It really put things in perspective for me how incredibly lucky I am to have three, beautiful, healthy, and amazing kiddos.  What if that was my son, what if Bentley was having chimo instead if tubes??  Well this is a real reality to some parents.  Another revelation I had was my kids are not my kids...they belong to God.  He has a path layed out for each one of them and I have no control over what that path may entail.  I can only love them unconditionally and teach them all the great things I know!  I have to fully put my trust in God, that is the only way I do it and the only way I know how to understand the harder things that happen.  But how lucky am I that God has chosen me to be a Mother!  Seriously what an awesome and crazy ride!  I never knew I could love so much. Anyway I was feeling like sharing this today!  I had brought it up earlier while talking with some friends and thought I am going to blog about this!  I know God has a tribe of Angels at Children's Hospital!  I pray for God to wrap his arms around all the little people of the world that are hurting and also pray for peace for the parents and the ability to trust our Father in heaven even though it may seem difficult.

Love and Blessings

PS.  As for Bee Bops post surgery he has been free of ear infections and sick a lot less!  The surgery has been the best thing for him!

1 comment:

  1. Erica, I love this. Thanks for the great reminder on how much worse things could really be.

    ReplyDelete